2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 2:08 PM by philmodjunk

launch.fp5 is currently in use and could not be opened.

Aurora

Title

launch.fp5 is currently in use and could not be opened.

Your post

Our filemaker server crashed and so we had to purchase a new server where I installed Filemaker Server 5.5. I copied the database to the new server, shared it to the network but when clients try to access it using Filemaker Pro 5.5 or 6.0, I get the message in the subject. The complete message is "Launch.fp5 is currently in use and could not be opened. The file maybe single-user or the host could not be found in the network."

I am able to run the application locally on the server using a filemaker pro but when clients in the network try to access it, that's when I get the message. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: launch.fp5 is currently in use and could not be opened.
          Aurora

Just FYI, I am running the filemaker server 5.5 on Windows 2003 Server R2 64-bit.

Thanks!

• 2. Re: launch.fp5 is currently in use and could not be opened.
            philmodjunk

How are your users attempting to connect to the shared database? Open Remote?

Do they get anything to open or do they see this message immediately before they can even get the file to open on their machine?

FMP 6 and older files are notorious for requiring multiple files in order to function as a relational database. Any chance there's another file out there you didn't find and get moved over to the right location on the new server? Any chance that one of the files is marked single user?

Also, what networking protocol have you set up your network for? (FMP 5.5 supported some older network protocols in addition to TCP/IP).

If TCP/IP, any chance your new server has a different IP address from the original? You might have a file reference that refers to a file by an IP address that no longer exists.