Loosing write permissions about once a week.
Product: FileMaker Server 184.108.40.206
We use a php-page to access the FM server and most of the times this works without problems. However, about once a week php write permissions is somehow blocked and often a couple of restarts is required to get it up and working again. This have been haunting us for about 6 months and is becoming unbearable. We've tried everything from using different methods of writing records [ createRecord() and newAddCommand() ] and even switching from IIS to Apache (yes I know it's unsupported) didn't change a thing.
What seems to be working is to stop the filemaker service and then write over "C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Database Server\Extensions\xDBC Support\logging\SLSocket55.trc" from a fresh working installation but I'm almost afraid to mention it since it might be misleading. Often another restart is required before FileMaker decides to cooperate again.
There are lots of people accessing this database both using FileMaker Pro and adding data from the web so I suspect that it might have something to do with user data getting stuck or corrupted but everything seems ok from what I can see under User/Permissions in FM Pro...
I realize that you might need more info to solve this but I am in a hurry and was hoping that someone would recognize the problem and have a solution ready for me when I get back after the weekend. ;)
I should mention: I can read data perfectly so I am definately getting a connection to the database. It's just writing, and modifying that's broken.