5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2010 7:51 AM by needsolution

Mail--NOT COMPATIBLE in IWP

larrymcmunn

Title

Mail--NOT COMPATIBLE in IWP

Your post

I've attached a script to a button. This script simply sends me an email with the account name that is logged in and sending the email. Works great in FMP10/11. 

Both Send Mail and the Get function to get the account anme are Web enabled according to the Compatiability list, i.e., they are not grayed out. 

When I copy Sent Mail over to my script, it gets appended with NOT COMPATIBLE. I relly thought I had this working earlier.

Mac10.6.2, FMP10v.3

• 1. Re: Mail--NOT COMPATIBLE in IWP
          TSGal

LarryMcFMP:

Thank you for your post.

Yes, the Send Mail script step is web compatible only through an SMTP server.  It will not work with an email client.  Therefore, change the script step from your Email client to SMTP server.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Mail--NOT COMPATIBLE in IWP
            larrymcmunn

Thanks, I did that and it's working just as I hoped.

• 3. Re: Mail--NOT COMPATIBLE in IWP
              larrymcmunn

I have a button that does nothing except send me an email when clicked. I have it configured with SMTP,

It works great with IWP when local on my machine (10.3 Advanced), it works great when the database is served by another FMP (10 Pro--not advanced), but when I move it to the server (Server Advanced 9), it will not send the mail. What am I missing, I've spent all day  trying to resolve it. I just tried on another machine with FMPro 9, and it doesn't work either. Is this a bug in 9 thatt was fixed in 10?  I hate to pay $1800 to upgrade if it won't fix this--Server 9 Advanced is doing everything else I need.

Help please.

• 4. Re: Mail--NOT COMPATIBLE in IWP
                TSGal

LarryMcFMP:

FileMaker Pro 10 introduced sending of emails via SMTP, so you will not have that ability with FileMaker Pro 9.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Mail--NOT COMPATIBLE in IWP
                  needsolution

Hi Larry,

I am having the same problem to send multiple e-mails and I have version 10.  E-mail Client works for individual sendings.  But not for multiple sending.  My server IT person advised that it is a risk to send multiple and will not go beyond our firewall.

Not the greatest solution, but what I did was send to Excel and cut and past e-mail addresses into my TO: Outlook messaging as I needed to send over 1,000 e-mails.

Thanks,

Barb