3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2012 11:23 AM by disabled_ntaylor

Managed Container data path different when running file under FMS versus FMP

vision

Title

Managed Container data path different when running file under FMS versus FMP

Your post

FMS12 running under Mac OS 10.6.8

I set the managed container file path for a database file to a location outside the FMS database directory.  The database file is located in the normal FMS data directory (Macintosh HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/).  In this example, the managed container storage path is /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Images/.   With the solution opened using FMP, image data is stored in this location as expected.  The Images folder has R/W access for everyone. 

However, when the solution is opened using FMS, FMS views the relative path differently.  Instead of storing the data at /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Images/ as expected, the managed container data is stored in the RC_Data_FMS folder within the FMS data folder, i.e. Macintosh HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/RC_Data_FMS/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Images/.

Do I have incorrect syntax in the path? Is this a known issue with FMS12?  I would prefer not to store images within the FMS directory as it makes generating back up schemes for the container data much simpler.  Thank you for any suggestions.