AnsweredAssumed Answered

Managed Container data path different when running file under FMS versus FMP

Question asked by vision on Aug 5, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 16, 2012 by disabled_ntaylor

Title

Managed Container data path different when running file under FMS versus FMP

Your post

FMS12 running under Mac OS 10.6.8

I set the managed container file path for a database file to a location outside the FMS database directory.  The database file is located in the normal FMS data directory (Macintosh HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/).  In this example, the managed container storage path is /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Images/.   With the solution opened using FMP, image data is stored in this location as expected.  The Images folder has R/W access for everyone. 

However, when the solution is opened using FMS, FMS views the relative path differently.  Instead of storing the data at /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Images/ as expected, the managed container data is stored in the RC_Data_FMS folder within the FMS data folder, i.e. Macintosh HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/RC_Data_FMS/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Images/.

Do I have incorrect syntax in the path? Is this a known issue with FMS12?  I would prefer not to store images within the FMS directory as it makes generating back up schemes for the container data much simpler.  Thank you for any suggestions. 

Outcomes