3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2010 8:35 AM by TSuki

Manually constructing a form/link to a static search for common searches in a Site Assistant created...

JohnathonBeals

Title

Manually constructing a form/link to a static search for common searches in a Site Assistant created site.

Your post

I am attempting to tweak a Site Assistant created search site. I need some links on the "home.php" site to a few common searches. I have gotten as far as creating some hidden forms with images as submit buttons, but my forms do not seem to contain the necessary elements for the "recordlist.php" file to construct a search with. Is there any documentation on this?

I am at a point that I can get the search to complete, but only if I have done a search through the "findrecords.php" page first. Right now the searches just return the whole set of records, like a "Find All" would do. I assume there must be something that is created in the session that I'm not getting with my own form code, but which can piggyback on the session data that the findrecords site makes.

So, how would one go about constructing a form that successfully posts to the recordlist site? I can provide examples of my form code as is, but it may be easier to simply view the site here:

http://marvin.mll.gvsu.edu/Filemaker/Mobile/home.php

Thank you.