3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2008 12:24 PM by rmanook

Moved from Tiger to Leopard now cannot get Server to run - No PHP

bandmandq

Title

Moved from Tiger to Leopard now cannot get Server to run - No PHP

Your post

I just moved from Tiger running FM Server 9 and using PHP to Leopard on my MacBook Pro.  I cannot get PHP running.  What did i miss?  I realize i have not told you much.  

When going through the deployment part, it would not connect to my web server.  I have tried testing for PHP and it does not seem to be running.  I have even un-installed and the installed again with not luck.

I did not use the FM Server 9 install of PHP.  I used entropy version.

Any help appreciated.

bandmandq 

• 1. Re: Moved from Tiger to Leopard now cannot get Server to run - No PHP
          rmanook

Hi bandmandq,

Thanks for posting.

It looks like we are dealing with two issues: deployment not connecting to your web server and PHP is not running.  Let's narrow down the issue to: web server is not connected vs. web server is connected but PHP is not connecting.  I assume that your web server is still not connected?  In Admin Console > FileMaker Overview, what is the status of your web server?  If it is not green then it would make sense if PHP is not running.

To start:  Is this a single or multiple machine configuration? What happens if you launch safari and enter the following into the URL bar:

Thanks!

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Moved from Tiger to Leopard now cannot get Server to run - No PHP
            bandmandq

You were correct in that my Web Server on my single machine setup was not green and it was because of PHP not running.

I was able, with the help of an email friend who had experienced a similar problem.  It was getting PHP installed and running and it was a case of upgrading from 10.4 to 10.5  and that 10.5 uses Apache 2 and so things are in different places so i understand.

At any rate, all is well and my FM Server 9 is running like clock work now!

Thanks anyway. 

• 3. Re: Moved from Tiger to Leopard now cannot get Server to run - No PHP
              rmanook

bandmanq:

Glad to hear you're up and running!

cya around the forum :smileyhappy: 

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc.