This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
- Install Server Software
- Check ports and firewall settings (see documentation that comes with FileMaker server)
- Use Admin Console to upload database files to new server.
- Set up the Backup options (Filemaker only backs up to local drives, to move files to external drive requires using a system script not run by FileMaker server, but by the OS or use of third party back up software.)
- Try a client by pointing to the new server to see if it opens database as before
- Check Manage | External Data sources in each FileMaker file to make sure that any references to files via IP address or DSN's are still valid as the the server move may have resulted in a new IP or DSN.