Probably quite an easy situation that we have here, but I just want to make sure we're following the right path. We're upgrading a number of our servers, including our Filemaker-server. We have only one custom app that uses FMS. The client will not be changed.
We now have:
- Windows server 2003 Standard edition 32 bit
- Filemaker Server 9
We'll be moving to:
- Windows server 2008 R2 64 bit
Our software partner doesn't know for sure if FMS9 supports W2008R2 64 bit. He wants to sell us server 10, but we're a very small educational organisation, so the less we spend, the better it is. Is this a sales trick or does FMS9 really not support Windows 2008 and/or 64 bit??
So, my questions:
- Is FMS9 compatible with W2008R2 64 bit??
- Is there an easy guide how we can move it from one server to another?? The old server will be disconnected completely in a few days after move.
- If we do have to upgrade to FMS10, is there a quide for our situation?? So moving to other server and upgrading from FMS9 to FMS10??
ps. I'm no expert in FMS, I do have experience with other database-software and Windows.