1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 13, 2009 3:16 PM by allotrope

Need clearification on multi-server setup for PHP CWP

cmcfarling_1

Title

Need clearification on multi-server setup for PHP CWP

Your post

I have a shared webhosting account through a hosting provider. PHP is installed on the shared web server. However since this is a shared server (running Linux) I can't install any 3rd party software. In addition I have an in-house server running FileMaker Server. With this setup will I be able to utilize PHP custom web publishing?

What's unclear to me is that the manual states that the "Filemaker Web Server Module" must be installed on the web server. What exactly is the Web Server Module. Is that nothing more than a set of PHP files, in which case I assume this would work. Or am I missing something?

Essentially what I'm getting at is can any webserver running PHP interface with Filemaker Server by simply installing the Filemaker PHP Standalone API on the webserver? Or is the so called Filemaker Web Server Module still required to be installed on the web server in addition to the API?

• 1. Re: Need clearification on multi-server setup for PHP CWP
          allotrope

We required a similar setup where the web site is hosted remotely (this is where the html pages reside (PHP/XML). The PHP / IIS is on a local box as well as Filemaker Server 9 and Web Publishing engine (MS XP sp 2 - can't use SP 3 because it breaks SSO). Alternatively, you could install Filemaker Server 9 on one box and the PHP/IIS and Web Publishing engine on a separagte box to obtain additional processing speed. We have everything running with SSL including between clients and server.

I hope this answers your questions.