3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2009 11:31 AM by TSGal

Need Command to force Ext. Server Security Lookups

phabe

Title

Need Command to force Ext. Server Security Lookups

Your post

I have a Mac OS X Server 10.5.6 and FMS Advanced 10. The Mac server is bound to AD.  I make changes in the AD groups and FMS Adv does not dynamically update the changes made to database security. OS X Server sees the AD group changes immediatetly - but FMS Adv is lagging behind. The only way out is to bounce FMS Adv. This is disruptive.

Is there a command in FMS Adv to force external security lookups?

• 1. Re: Need Command to force Ext. Server Security Lookups
          TSGal

phabe:

Thank you for your post.

The external authentication happens when a client tries to access the host file.  Once it authenticates with the server, FileMaker Pro takes over with the privilege set assigned to that authentication.  Can you provide an example of what exactly is occurring?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Need Command to force Ext. Server Security Lookups
            phabe

An example -

An employee gets approved to work on a database. Security add's the employee's ActiveDirectory account to the AD group designated for that database.  I have FMP Privelege Sets assigned to specific AD groups. My FileMaker Pro Server is running Apple's 10.5.6 Server. Apple Server sees the AD group change within a minute. What I'm saying is that the change is not detected by FileMaker Pro Server Adv until 24 hours has elapsed or I bounce the server. I was asking if there is a command inside FileMaker Pro Server to refresh it's cache (if there is such a thing) for external authentication. Something to tell FileMaker Pro Server, "Hey - go out there and get new info on your designated AD groups 'cause I made a change to ActiveDirectory and you need to get your butt in gear."

• 3. Re: Need Command to force Ext. Server Security Lookups
              TSGal

phabe:

Thanks for the specifics, but I'm still unable to duplicate the problem.  My change is being seen immediately by FileMaker Pro 10.

No, there is no cache for external authentication.

Where is the Active Directory located?  Anything else you can tell me about the network?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.