2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 1:18 PM by hdawson

New Installation - Fails webdirect and web publishing tests; now what

JenniferFieber

Title

New Installation - Fails webdirect and web publishing tests; now what

Your post

Hi we're a small non-profit that got talked into purchasing FileMaker Server 13 so we could share forms. (Formerly we shared it on a local  network). So far the installation process has not gone as easily as the salesman promised.  (The literature is really confusing Filemaker, and you have to know the name for each product (Server vs WebDesign etc) to find the right manual although that is not always obvious.)

Now, I have the admin console running fine. I can link to Filemaker Pro with the test database.  The two other tests, "Test FileMaker WebDirect" and "Test PHP Custom Web Publishing" opened new tabs but wouldn't load. The status page in admin console sales  says PHP is disabled and WebDirect is disabled. However if I go to the settings "enable WebDirect" and "Enable PHP" are selected and saved but no change occurs.

Help please???

• 1. Re: New Installation - Fails webdirect and web publishing tests; now what

Jennifer Fieber:

Thank you for the post. 

A few additional questions to assist us in narrowing this down:

1. What is the FileMaker Server 13 computer's operating system? 

2. Is the FileMaker Server 13 version 2?

3. What does "http://localhost/" load from a browser on the server?

4. What browser(s) were used for testing?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: New Installation - Fails webdirect and web publishing tests; now what
            hdawson

I am having similar problems.  Under Activity>>Web Publishing Engine it shows that the "FileMaker WebDirect is disabled" but when I click the little sprocket button to the right of that it takes me over to the Web Publishing>>FileMaker WebDirect tab and the check is definitely there to say "Enable FileMaker WebDirect."  Also, today I noticed that there was not a check beside the "Automatically start Web Publishing Engine" so I put that there.  I restarted my server but the Web Publishing Engine was turned off at first anyway.

To respond to your four questions,

1. Windows Server 2008
                 2. Admin Console version: 13.0v2 x64 (04-20-2014)
                 3. Going to http://localhost/ on a browser on the server goes to a blank (all white - absolutely nothing) web page.  This is what I see when I go to the URL of the http://<IP Address>/fmi/webd web addresses as well.
                 4. Originally I was using Firefox.  But when you said that I tried Chrome and IE as well and got the same results.

Is it possible that there is a commandline prompt that I need to use at on the server similar to what you have to do in that rare occasion when the scripting engine gets stopped in FM Server 12?

Thanks...