AnsweredAssumed Answered

Newbie - FM 10 Adv. Server (Mac OSX) - default path for database on separate volumes?

Question asked by groovebox on Feb 25, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2010 by TSGal

Title

Newbie - FM 10 Adv. Server (Mac OSX) - default path for database on separate volumes?

Your post

Good afternoon,

A newbie to these FM Forums! And a Kiwi to boot!

Need a pointer or a kick in the right direction if you have a moment to spare...have had a pretty good read of the manual and spent some time searching these forums. The answer is prob in front of me but I can't see it.

Am running FM Server 10.x Adv. on a dual-G5 running OSX (client not OSX Server) 10.5.x. I have the main volume (Macintosh HD) and also inside the G5 is a separate HD (called "fm_data") where I want to store my databases. (On that HD is a folder called "dev" - so the path to the folder where I want to store the databases to live would be "...fm_data/dev..." or something like that.)

[Rather then them living in the "Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/" folder.]

When I login using the Admin console - go to "default databases" - click the checkbox and I have tried a number of path names and nothing validates.

Have tried "/fm_data/dev/" and also variations on "/Volumes/fm_data/dev/" and "filemac:/fm_data/dev" and so on.

I am sure this is probably documented somewhere but if anyone would care to point me to a KB article or a page number it'd be most welcomed.

Other then that the G5 hardware and FM Server Adv. is working just dandy.

Respect.

Brynley

Outcomes