Newbie is attempting to install/setup FMS Adv. 11
I have installed FMS 11 on a Mac Mini Server, running OSX Server 10.6.7. Here is a list of checks I have already performed:
- The most recent update (11.03) has been installed.
- Java has also been updated.
- I am able to access the Admin Console without an issue.
- The server has a static IP address that matches the IP scheme of our network.
- According to Admin Console, Web Server, Web Publishing Engine, and Database Server are all ON.
But here's where the oddness starts...
- Entering http://localhost/ into my browser results in the default Mac OS X Server homepage, which tells me "No web services are available at this time."
- Entering http://localhost/~fmadmin/ (as suggested in the FMS setup documentation) results in an Error 404 page.
- I can add a database to the database list, but the only service that is checked is "Pro". IWP, XSLT, XML, PHP, and ODBC/JDBC are all unchecked.
I feel like I'm getting conflicting messages. It's as if the server is telling me that everything is fine, while simultaneously telling me nothing is working.
Does anyone have a "FileMaker Server for Dummies" checklist of things I should look for in order to get the server working as expected?