1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 14, 2010 11:00 AM by philmodjunk

No option to hide from Open Remote dialog after uploading to server?

mps1773

Title

No option to hide from Open Remote dialog after uploading to server?

Your post

I am obviously missing something here, but I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere... how do I upload a db, link to it and then hide it from open remote??  I cannot select the "hide from open remote" option and then upload it and try to link to it, I tried that and I cannot find it to link to it after.  But then what is the point to having a hidden file on the server that cannot be linked to?  So I must be missing something obvious.  Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: No option to hide from Open Remote dialog after uploading to server?
          philmodjunk

Sometimes a solution consists of several files. Developers often use the Don't Display in Open Remote dialog option to hide all files but one from the user to eliminate confusion as to which file they should select to open the system.

If you want to eliminate the Open Remote dialog completely, install an opener file on each desk top. The opener file includes a one line script: Open File[] which you set to open the hosted file for the user. Then, in file options, select this script to run automatically when the file opens.