7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2017 7:32 AM by mgaslowitz

No Scripts are available for the specified account

jakes

Title

No Scripts are available for the specified account

Your post

I am using FMS 13 on widows server 2012. I want to edit a shedule. The schedule is running a filemaker script. The schedule is working but I am unable to edit the script. When I click "edit a schedule..." the pop up box appears the database is highlighted the username and password is already entered but when I click next the error message is "no scripts are available for the specified account" this is incorrect as it is running the filemaker script not allowing me to edit it

I also tried to create a new schedule from a filemaker script and I get the same error message.

I have updated my fms 13 to the latest 13.0 V4

The privalege set with the security account I am trying to login to has full access with all extended privalege sets ticked

Please assist me. what could be the issue?

Thanks

• 1. Re: No Scripts are available for the specified account
          jakes

ive repaired the server. Ive restarted the computer, still no luck.

I just tried enabling the guest account and i was able to get to the scripts window but it says no available scripts for this account.

I have tried with different user accounts with different privalege sets and still same error.

• 2. Re: No Scripts are available for the specified account
            RickWhitelaw

I'm not certain I understand your question. You're trying to edit a script, right? Editing a schedule is done through the Admin Console, but you can't edit a script this way. This must be done using FMP on, I assume, a client machine. Let me know if I've misunderstood what you're asking.

• 3. Re: No Scripts are available for the specified account
              jakes

Thanks Rick,Im trying to edit a schedule through the admin console in filemaker server 13.

When selecting Create a schedule, i select filemaker script, then it asks me to select a database which i do. I put in the correct username and password and thats when the error occurs, I can't  get to the next page to select which script to run on the schedule. 

• 4. Re: No Scripts are available for the specified account
                johndoe:

Thank you for the post.

Another user encountered a similar issue in the following thread:

I was only able to replicate with unsaved security changes and the File > Manage > Security window still open.

First, close FileMaker Pro and make sure there are no security/account changes unsaved.

Second, start the process over to schedule the script.

Does this now allow a script to be scheduled for the specified account?

TSFalcon
                FileMaker, Inc.
                • 5. Re: No Scripts are available for the specified account
                  jakes

Hi TSFalcon,

I have managed to get it working again. For me it didn't have anything to do with unsaved security changes as I had no users connected to the file. I restarted the computer. I also tried to run a repair on the server and it still didn't help. I created a brand new file from the templates, loaded it to the server and tried to connect to the schedules using the default admin account and I continued to get the same error even with a brand new file from the templates.

What I think it had to do with was the version of java I had installed or a new plugin I had loaded that wasn't working correctly. After contacting the plugin developers and installing a plugin that was fully compatible, I also installed the recommended version of java version 7 update 67 and after restarting the computer I was able to use schedules again.

Thanks anyway for your assistant if the issue comes back I'll post here again.

• 6. Re: No Scripts are available for the specified account
                    ssignorelli

My fix for this required the following:

1) Stopped FileMaker Server 13 (the FileMaker Scripting engine uses java via the fmsase.exe process)
                    2) uninstalled Java 7 update 71 (this is part of the FMS13v5 installer and was NOT part of the 13v3/13v4 installer)
                    3) installed Java 7 update 51 (This is what is installed on all the prod servers currently). 
                    4) Deleted Java: "Trace and Log Files", "Cached Applications and Applets", "Installed Applications and Applets"
                    5) Edited the Java Security "Exception Site List" to include: "http://localhost:16001" and "http://localhost:16001/admin-console"
                    6) Java Security: "Restore Security Prompts"
                    7) Started the FileMaker Server 13

Please note though that the FMS13 admin console is terribly inconsistent even with this improvement. Currently, I can edit existing schedule's credentials (which was required in my testing), however hitting next to list the actual scripts took 1-5 times to actually function, the times it did not, the same "No Scripts are available for the specified account". I have encountered the same flaky behavior the more scripts within the hosted file; so maybe their timeouts waiting for JAVA and the FMASE to return information are too short.
                    • 7. Re: No Scripts are available for the specified account
                      mgaslowitz

Possible workaround if you get the "No scripts are available for the specified account" message: try clicking the "Next" button a second time.