1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 9, 2010 7:33 AM by TSuki

No server running at this address?

HuwEvans

Title

No server running at this address?

Your post

I have 12 users, 11 of whom are able to connect to a FM Server at my office, one of them cannot. He enters ip address/filename and gets a "no server running at this location". I've logged in remotely to his machine to ensure that he's entering the IP adrs etc correctly. I'm using port forwarding at the office here. I can confirm that he's hitting my router as an IP address in his web browser routes to webmail on my mail server. If the other 11 could not connect then I'd guess it was an issue with my router setup perhaps but they all can connect - incidentally all 12 are using a variety of routers and various broadband provider, non are technically inclined and highly unlikely to have altered any router settings at they're end. Any one got a suggestion?

• 1. Re: No server running at this address?

Huw Evans:

Thank you for posting.

One direct way to test the networking would be to use the telnet command to make a simple connection to the server. From the command prompt:

telnet ServerIP 5003

Can this client connect to any hosted databases? If not, it may be missing the server.pem file in the FileMaker Pro installation directory. This file can be copied from another installation if it is missing or corrupt.

TSuki
          FileMaker, Inc.