5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2009 1:01 PM by DavidAndersson

No web servers are available

Lawrence2

Title

No web servers are available

Your post

Hello, I'm trying to complete the installation of FMP Server 9 Advanced on a test server running MS Server. When I get to the "Configure Machines" step I get an error - "Could not get a list of web servers from the specified worker machine".

IIS has been installed and tested.

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this? Thanks.

• 1. Re: No web servers are available
          ITESM
             I have the same problem with FMS 10. Any ideas???
          • 2. Re: No web servers are available
            TSGal

Lawrence:

First of all, sorry for the late response.  This post definitely slipped through the cracks.  If you are still having difficulty, please let me know.  After three months, I hope you have found some sort of resolution.

ITESM:

Thank you for your post.

Tell me more about the all the machines that are being configured.  In specific, the web server.  What operating system?  What platform?  If on Windows, was there anything out of the ordinary when setting up IIS?

Make sure the Protocol, Host address and Port for the web server and click Retry.  If this test fails, it could be that your web server requires https or uses a port other than 80.  Ensure you can access the web server from the master machine and try again.

Let me know your hardware and settings, and if I can find the hardware, I'll try it here.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: No web servers are available
              ITESM

Windows Server 2003 Sp2 - Web Server --> IIS without changes in configuration.  I can see the localhost/index.html page but when i run the configuration wizard over step 4, after select "PHP" and "Yes, install The FileMAkerServer supported version of PHP (PHP5)". Over step 5  "Select Deployment Type" i choose: Single Machine then when I click next the following error message appears: "WEB SERVER ERROR" "Could not get a list of web servers from the specified worker machine"

I have already set it up in two different virtual servers with the same results

Thnx for help

• 4. Re: No web servers are available
                RobFisher
                   I'm seeing the same issue with Server 2008 64bit edition... any resolution?
                • 5. Re: No web servers are available
                  DavidAndersson
                     I fixed the problem by changing the Domain name on my webserver. You need to have a real URL there. (no default)