AnsweredAssumed Answered

Not able to modify records from database

Question asked by VassilisLyronis on Feb 28, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2015 by Markus Schneider

Title

Not able to modify records from database

Your post

I have just installed a FileMaker Server version 13.0.5.520 on MacMini OS X Version 10.9.5.

I use three databases which have identical settings in regards to Accounts privileges/extended privileges, Sharing and Log-in settings (File Options > Login using [un-checked]).

There are four user accounts in each database who can access in full level.

Two of the databases I am able to modify (edit fields, add or delete records). The third database I can access, however it can not be modified. The New Record and Delete Record are grey-shaded and other functions are not permitted (duplicated record etc). I noticed also that the specific database although it has the same size as the other two, in file length, loads much faster (almost instantly).

All users have the same issue: Two databases working fine, they can not edit/modify the third one.

I am not sure if this is relevant but I also get this message from the server:

Client "Vi El (VL's MacBook Pro) [XX.XXX.XXX.XX]" authentication failed on database "FILEMAKER 2015.fmp12" using "Vi El [fmapp]".

I am new with FileMaker Server and trying to figure out this issue. Thank you in advance for any help with this.

Screen_Shot_2015-02-28_at_12.42.39.png

Outcomes