1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 28, 2015 11:13 PM by Markus Schneider

Not able to modify records from database

VassilisLyronis

Title

Not able to modify records from database

Your post

I have just installed a FileMaker Server version 13.0.5.520 on MacMini OS X Version 10.9.5.

I use three databases which have identical settings in regards to Accounts privileges/extended privileges, Sharing and Log-in settings (File Options > Login using [un-checked]).

There are four user accounts in each database who can access in full level.

Two of the databases I am able to modify (edit fields, add or delete records). The third database I can access, however it can not be modified. The New Record and Delete Record are grey-shaded and other functions are not permitted (duplicated record etc). I noticed also that the specific database although it has the same size as the other two, in file length, loads much faster (almost instantly).

All users have the same issue: Two databases working fine, they can not edit/modify the third one.

I am not sure if this is relevant but I also get this message from the server:

Client "Vi El (VL's MacBook Pro) [XX.XXX.XXX.XX]" authentication failed on database "FILEMAKER 2015.fmp12" using "Vi El [fmapp]".

I am new with FileMaker Server and trying to figure out this issue. Thank you in advance for any help with this.

Screen_Shot_2015-02-28_at_12.42.39.png

• 1. Re: Not able to modify records from database
          Markus Schneider

Assunming You uploaded the files using a FileMaker client - not by copying the files into the databases directory manually

- are the credentials all the same for the 3 files?

- during startup of FileMaker on the clients: You don't switch to another app?

- accessing the db's with full access works?

Download the files to a local machine and create a new account on all 3 files, upload them again and test..