3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2010 5:26 AM by kapitaen_1

ODBC and Windows 7

moed

Title

ODBC and Windows 7

Your post

I am using Windows 7 64 bit. I installed the Sequelink 5.5 ODBC driver and when I go to add an ODBC connection, the Sequelink driver does not show up (as it normally does under Windows XP). I have the ODBC driver installed on a 64 bit Windows Server 2003 computer.

How do I get the ODBC driver installed on my Windows 7 machine? Also, the Sequelink driver is a 32 bit driver (I think), are there plans to release a 64 bit driver?

Thanks,

John

• 1. Re: ODBC and Windows 7
          sgwilliams
             I have noticed that this forum is not very helpful. I have read some credible questions and most of what I have seen gets no feedback...I believe this is a waste of our time. Good luck!
          • 2. Re: ODBC and Windows 7
            TSGal

moed:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

We were able to install the 32-bit ODBC driver successfully on a 64-bit version of Windows 7.

There is a Knowledge Base Article (http://filemaker.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/filemaker.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=357) regarding the ODBC driver not showing up in the Drivers tab, but that was for FileMaker Pro 7, and the fix involved editing the Windows XP Registry, so I would definitely not suggest this for a Windows 7 machine.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure what else to try here.  I know it has been three months, so if you have found a solution, please let us know in case others encounter the same problem.

At this time, there is no information available about a 64-bit ODBC driver.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: ODBC and Windows 7
              kapitaen_1

Hi John,

maybee you found a solution meanwhile. If not, try this faq...

odbc on win 64 bit

... it describes how to access the 32 bit filemaker odbc driver (and any other 32 bit odbc driver) on 64 bit windows 7.

greetings from germany

chris

@filemaker: feel free to make a link to my faq from your knowledge base.