3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2009 8:12 AM by TSGal

odbc, iwp, Einsatz/Konfigurationsfehler -30 java.net-SocketException: Network unreachable: connect

kapitaen_1

Title

odbc, iwp, Einsatz/Konfigurationsfehler -30 java.net-SocketException: Network unreachable: connect

Your post

hi all,

and again i have a funny (the same as before?) problem with fm server 9 adv and odbc.

3 weeks ago, i installed fm server 9a (the version from technet), with iwp switched on and odbc switched on. All worked fine and well for exactly three weeks. Then over night, no changes made, no patches installed, nothing reconfigured, i first have seen that i lost odbc connection to this server. I checked java (it is 6.7), i tried to deinstall fms 9a, reinstalled it, tried to install fms10a. No chance. No odbc connection, no iwp.

All i can see is that odbc gets no connection, and iwp is down.

When i try to "Servereinsatz bearbeiten", i finally get the error message as seen in the subject.

When i use netstat or tcpview, i see that there is nothing listening to port 2399, but the filemaker server management console tells me that odbc is on.

Then i thought ... hmm, the windows server i have running my filemaker server is a virtual machine. And i have backed up the disk images just one day after the sucessfull installation. 

So i restored the working, three weeks old copy. Nope. Same problems.

Is there a three week expiration date build into the Technet Version?

Next steps i want to do is trying to deinstall and reinstall java. Is there someone who has better ideas? 

greetings from germany

Chris

OS is windows server 2003, all patches and service packs (second week of june) installed. jre 6.7, fms 9adv 9.0.3.326, firewall on machine is disabled (this is done somewhere else)

tcpview from 16* up to 25*:

tcpsvcs.exe:1616 UDP mm2k3:2535 *:*

cvslock.exe:1264 TCP mm2k3:2402 mm2k3:0 LISTENING

cvsservice.exe:1304 TCP mm2k3:2401 mm2k3:0 LISTENING

mqsvc.exe:2352 TCP mm2k3:2107 mm2k3:0 LISTENING

mqsvc.exe:2352 TCP mm2k3:2105 mm2k3:0 LISTENING

mqsvc.exe:2352 TCP mm2k3:2103 mm2k3:0 LISTENING

fmscwpe.exe:3596 TCP mm2k3:16018 mm2k3:0 LISTENING 

• 1. Re: odbc, iwp, Einsatz/Konfigurationsfehler -30 java.net-SocketException: Network unreachable: connect
          TSGal

Chris:

Thank you for your post.

First, there is no expiration date built into the TechNet version of FileMaker Server 9.  It is only limited by the number of users.

With that said, something has obviously changed, so we need to determine what it is.

The trouble-shooting you have done is exactly what I would have done.  That is, uninstall and reinstall, run Java 6 update 7, etc.

Are you able to install on a non-virtual machine?  If so, do you get the same problems?  I'm trying to remove as many variables possible.

You may want to also post this on TechNet, since you have a larger number of developers who have encountered a similar set up.

Please keep us posted if you find a solution. 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: odbc, iwp, Einsatz/Konfigurationsfehler -30 java.net-SocketException: Network unreachable: connect
            kapitaen_1

Hi TSGal,

Are you able to install on a non-virtual machine?  If so, do you get the same problems?  I'm trying to remove as many variables possible

this i already have done. Deinstalled from the virtual machine, reinstalled on my old back up development machine, and redirected all requests to it. Now i am waiting the three weeks to see what happens. More news in three weeks ;-)

I also posted the case on the german filemaker forum, and on fmforums.com, too. No useable response untill now.

The next steps i plan to do ... yelling hooray after four weeks, if nothing happens, and/or making a brand new virtual machine to see what happens in three weeks.

You say i can post on technet? *That* is new to me. Of course i will post it there, too.

greetings from germany

Chris 

• 3. Re: odbc, iwp, Einsatz/Konfigurationsfehler -30 java.net-SocketException: Network unreachable: connect
              TSGal

kapitaen:

If you downloaded the developer version of FileMaker Server, then I'm assuming you are a TechNet member, and you should be able to post directly to TechTalk.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.