1 Reply Latest reply on May 11, 2015 9:42 AM by disabled_ntaylor

On timer Perform script on server error 812

EmmanuelDesmadryl

Title

On timer Perform script on server error 812

Your post

Hi everybody !

I have written a script intended to be performed on the server triggered every 180 seconds by an on timer script command launched at the database connection.

The script goal is to check for SMS answers and get them back if there are some new ones, it works pretty nice, for a few hours, until It returns error 812 : “The host’s capacity was exceeded, try again later”

If I stop the database server then turn it back on, it works for a few hours again then back to the error 812…

I raised the Maximum Simultaneous Script Sessions to 500, wich seems to give a few more hours before the error 812 but still doesn’t works…

So I’m not familiar with the perform script on server, but it’s like the scripts launched are still active until too much scripts are running ? I write an “exit script” command at the end of the script, but it doesn’t seems to change anything…

Is there a way to know how many scripts are running on the server ?

Could someone please help me ?

Thanks !

• 1. Re: On timer Perform script on server error 812

Emmanuel Desmadryl:

Thank you for the post and I apologize for the delay. I do not have an immediate answer, so I wanted to see if anyone else would chime in with a similar experience. 

Some questions to assist us with narrow this down:

1. What is the version of FileMaker Server 13?

2. What is the operating system of the computer?

3. What are the hardware specifications for the computer?

4. If the script does not use the Perform Script on Server command, but run locally with FileMaker Pro, then does the client experience a slowdown?

5. Could you post a screenshot of the script for review?

“Is there a way to know how many scripts are running on the server ?”

In the Admin Console > Statistics > Click “Statistics… > Check “Remote Calls/sec” & “Remote Calls In Progress.”

How many “Remote Calls In Progress” does the Admin Console report at the peak of the slowness?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.