2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2015 5:14 PM by RickWhitelaw

One Device, Two connections - prevent record locking?

EdDavies

Title

One Device, Two connections - prevent record locking?

Your post

Hey guys, I'm wondering if you could help me out / offer me a solution for an issue I'm having. I want to roll out a Filemaker Server / Go solution on our site, which has ~60% WiFi coverage. I've set up port forwarding to our server and split DNS records, so now when a device falls off the WiFi, FileMaker reconnects using 3G and vice versa. If someone was creating a record, FMG reconnects with that partial record intact. Awesome. 

I'm sure you see where this is going. When they try to submit their record, however, we get the error "Your record changes cannot be saved because this record was modified by another user while you were disconnected.” I know that this is just the one device/user as I'm the only one testing at the moment.. FileMaker Go doesn't ask to re-authenticate, so I assume this is a server record locking issue.

Is there any way I can fix Filemaker seeing the one device as two different devices once its connection has changed? Frankly, this causes a bigger issue for us than not having record locking at all.

Thanks, Ed