3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2012 12:54 PM by user17594

PHP Custom web publishing not working in Filemaker server 12

user17594

Title

PHP Custom web publishing not working in Filemaker server 12

Your post

When I enabled PHP publishing, the following messages appeared in the log:

127.0.0.1:57431 - /fmi/conf/config.wpc" 401 0 from: Publish Engine Access (Error) at 17:01:20
      127.0.0.1:57432 - fmsadmin "/fmi/conf/config.wpc" 200 2310 from: PEA at 17:01:20
      FM Web Publishing - - wpc1 FileMaker Server Web Publishing Engine stopped. from: Publish Engine at 17:01:18
      FM Web Publishing - - wpc1 FileMaker Server Web Publishing Engine started. at 17:01:18
      127.0.0.1:57416 - - "/fmi/conf/config.wpc" 401 0 from: PEA (Error) at 17:01:17
      127.0.0.1:57424 - fmsadmin "/fmi/conf/config.wpc" 200 2310 from: PEA at 17:01:17
      127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1:57414 fmsadmin - - - PHP Web Publishing is enabled. from: Web Publishing Core at 17:01:17

Some background info:
      1.  I do have other PHP pages that do work correctly as can I bring up a phpinfo page without issue (PHP version 5.3.6).

2.  The script <server>/fmi-test/testphp.php printed the following error:

"The PHP connection to the FMServer_Sample database failed.
      An unexpected erorr occurred. Consult the FileMaker documentation for additional assistance. (XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1)"

3.  My server was never a host for any version of Filemaker.

4. My home folder is on the startup disc. I had some problems with permissions earlier on using Filemaker Server 12, an issue which was corrected after I moved the home directories to my startup disc.

• 1. Re: PHP Custom web publishing not working in Filemaker server 12
          rmanook

Hi Mpiece Admin,

Thanks for submitting your post.

Please allow me to verify a little background on this issue:
          1.  If you re-deploy FileMaker Server (Admin Console > FileMaker Overview page > Edit Server Deployment), does FileMaker find the machine's web server without any issue?  If so, how long does the web publishing engine run before you experience the crashing i.e. can you make a php call to FileMaker x times before getting this error?
          2.  Can you access FileMaker via Instant Web Publishing? (If this is FIleMaker Server Advanced)
          3.  Is it possible to change the default port from 80 to 591, FileMaker's alternative default port?  This may affect your other websites, however.
          4.  Are you using SSL?

It may be beneficial to have you send in a zipped FileMaker Server > Logs folder.  I will send you a private message with information about where you can send this file.  To view this message, click on the Inbox link in the upper right corner of this forum.

In the meantime, please verify that all of the required FileMaker Server ports are open particularly those in the 16000 range:
          http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6427/kw/6427

Thanks,
          tsturtle
          FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: PHP Custom web publishing not working in Filemaker server 12
            user17594

4. I am using SSL.

3. The default port is 443, because I'm using SSL...

2. I have a regular server license.

1. Apache get's found right away, I can not make any connection.

Since PHP is now messed up again, my other sites will not even load, can't I just re-apply the combo-update to get the site (webmail) up and running again?.

• 3. Re: PHP Custom web publishing not working in Filemaker server 12
              user17594

The ports for inter-machine communications have been opened if they were not opened yet, but I'm quite sure I now opened to many ports.

How can I see if the ports that need to be available locally are just that?

regards,

Mark