0 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2010 7:59 AM by Checkov

PHP Site Assistant - Changing the function of the FindAll mode on the Search Page

Checkov

Title

PHP Site Assistant - Changing the function of the FindAll mode on the Search Page

Your post

I have been working with the PHP Site Assistant for a website for the iPhone. I am a fairly inexperienced user so as simple an explanation as is possible would be appreciated.

The database runs on Filemaker Server Advanced version 10.0.5.8 and the server is running on Mac Os X. I have done the editing of the PHP files on a Windows XP machine.

The database works with many users accessing it in order to view specific records related to them. In the FileMaker files they only ever see the records that their Username has access to.

My issue is this: when they are on the search page of the PHP website for the iPhone and they perform a search with no search criteria, it brings up a list of all the records in the database (the ones that they are supposed to see show up with data, and the ones they aren’t are showing up as blank). Now when they enter any search criteria, I have edited the find within the PHP file to show only the records that are relating to their username. The real issue is, how do I change the ‘findall’ one? I can’t seem to find the location of the find command that it’s relating to.

I have also changed it so that on the first viewing of the recordlist page, it shows only those that have not been “read” (a field that is in the database that changes when the record is viewed) and that are relating to the specific username.

Thanks in advance.