2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2010 2:12 PM by becfms

PHP Site Assistant Blank Page

mikeryan

Title

PHP Site Assistant Blank Page

Your post

Hello,

I'm running FM11 Server Advanced on Mac OS X Server 10.6.4 Snow Leopard Server. The PHP Technology test works successfully. But, when I build a site with the PHP Site Assistant and view it in a web browser I just get a blank page. 

The PHPSA "Preview" button doesn't work at all. And the View Site button brings up the blank browser window page, just as when I go to the page after doing "Generate Site". 

I also got a blank page when I tried the following, as suggested on the TechNet forum:

Make a layout call from your test page to your db and print this to the screen. Replace the UPPER words with your values inside quotes.

$fm = new FileMaker( FM_DB_NAME, FM_HOST);

$fm->SetProperty( 'username', FM_USER );

$fm->SetProperty( 'password', FM_PASS );

$layout = $fm->getLayout( $layout );

echo '<pre>';

print_r($layout);

echo '</pre>';

See this post (from when things were looking up) for some more background on where I'm at: Manually install FileMaker API for PHP on Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server 10.6.3

Any ideas? 

Thanks, 
      Mike

• 1. Re: PHP Site Assistant Blank Page
          littledog

Hi,

Is the PHP publishing in the file is turned on?

• 2. Re: PHP Site Assistant Blank Page
            becfms

Hi Mike,

Not only check that PHP Assistant is active for FMSA 11, but also see if you have errors turned on in your PHP configuration for your Web server. If you have one error (syntax) in your PHP code and the server is configured not to show errors (as a good production server should be set as), you will only see a blank page.

If this turns out to be the problem, setting up a DEV server where you can have errors showing will save you headaches in the future if you code PHP pages extensively.