4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2009 10:13 AM by webskipper

PHP Site Assistant will not launch

webskipper

Title

PHP Site Assistant will not launch

Your post

I am configuring Port Forwarding for the FMS on the iMac.  Now I cannot dplot the Server Launch page nor PHP Site Assistant.  I cleared the Java Cache as another thread but noting is helping.  What other tricks can I try?

• 1. Re: PHP Site Assistant will not launch
          TSGal

webskipper:

Thank you for your post.

If you don't use Port Forwarding, does it deploy?  If so, then there is something wrong with your Port Forwarding.  For those having difficulty with Port Forwarding, or for those attempting Port Forwarding the first time, I recommend that you look at the tutorial that I received from FMForums.com.

http://www.filemakerdesign.com/blog/?bid=11

This includes a 7-minute video giving step-by-step instructions how Port Forwarding works.

If you are still having difficulty, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: PHP Site Assistant will not launch
            webskipper

Port Forwarding for dummies?

IF I was not a dummy before, then I feel like a dummy for listening to that awful bit for more than a minute waiting for him to get to the meat. 

Well, pt forwarding is off and PHP SA is still looking for the old IP.  I cleared the cache and restarted.  Still nothing.  I sent a PM yesterday. 

• 3. Re: PHP Site Assistant will not launch
              TSGal

webskipper:

Sorry for the late reply.

I received your private message.

Did you see the additional comments from the author on that page?  If not, here it is:

"Some additional info.  The default port running under standard FileMaker Pro hosted IWP is port 591 which needs to be forwarded to your computer's IP address.  If you are forwarding for use with FileMaker Server, then the port will most likely be 80.  www.portforward.com should help you forward the relevant port on your router.  To check your Mac's IP address:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2068589_check-macs-ip-address.html

Once you have finished setting up and forwarding prots, go to www.whatismyip.com

OUTSIDE of your local network, use:

http://<external IP address>:591"

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: PHP Site Assistant will not launch
                webskipper

We have bigger problems than that now.  I followed the link to update the Server and it says it cannot find a valid copy of the Server.  So now I have to find the sites I created with customPHP, burn them and reinstall everything.

I fail see the value in a $3000 product.