AnsweredAssumed Answered

Print script for server

Question asked by steelbut on Apr 17, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2010 by steelbut

Title

Print script for server

Your post

For months I have been working on a project that requires a printable pdf from a browser after a lot of calculations.

The calculations are easy compared to generating the pdf from a server in a browser.  Finally bought FMStudio and the books and the pdf module and I am more then a month into it and sort got part of it working.  I can make it work on the development machine but when I try serving on different servers the graphics do not show on the pdf.  And filemaker has a better way (very complex in line css) of presentation when a pdf is generated.  I have got to assume it comes down to a license issue with adobe???  Also, currently FMStudio is for the most part they are unresponsive.

Now I am thinking about throwing all that I have done away and will try the idea of a slave box with Filemaker for printing the pdf - then server up the finished pdf.

*****   Can someone out their help me with the code / scripting / even the best concept of someone who has done it before.   There seems to be a lot of people in the same boat.  Even some code to get me started???  How do I trigger the slave box???  ******

If the newer versions had the answer I would buy what is needed today!  But it seems the issue was not addressed.

FMSA9 on windows 2003 server , FMA10, FMA9 and all clients on xp with FM8.5 or better

Thanks, Larry

Please help!

Outcomes