You might first note that you posted this question in the FM Server part of the forum. No biggie people get "lost" in this forum all the time, but if you post such questions in the FM Pro Forum (see tabs at top of this screen), your question will be seen by a lot more people.
Filemaker Fields cannot "grow" they can only "shrink" by setting them to "slide up" and "resize enclosing part" on the inspetor's position tab.
You can enter layout mode, make this field 13 lines of text taller or even more, then select the above two sliding options to get the field to adjust to the size of the data in it when you print, preview or save as PDF.
Note, however, that this may be an issue of putting too much data in a single field. It may be that you need to put only one or a few lines of text in the same field, but in different records. This can avoid the issues you are currently encountering, but it all depends on what kind of data you are entering into this field.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top, alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
Thanks very much for your help.