If I recall correctly you might have to set the Extended Privileges for the account to include the FileMaker Network option as I think that is how the server accesses the database.
I just double-checked and the full access account that I entered information for does have Extended Privileges including the FileMaker Network option.
Ok, I have toyed around with one of my own databases as I have encountered this issue in the past also. Couple of findings: every now and then I cannot close a database using the admin console, I don't know why that is (yet). This morning that was the case also and I noticed that regardless whether it was a valid account or not, the Assistant would always report that there are no scripts available for the account. Restarting the entire server resolved both cases without any changes in the database itself. The Assistant now checks the account and reports correctly whether or not there scripts available and also whether the account is valid or not.
The account must have the 'Access via FileMaker Network (fmapp)' Extended Privilege enabled, but then it does work. And as you have that enabled that does seem to be in order. So, can you check whether the account is correctly verified? (just enter a non-existing username f.e.)
First off, thank you for your continued help with this, I really appreciate it!
At your suggestion, I tried to create a new schedule and then put in bogus account information at step 3 to see if it is correctly verifying account information at this stage. I got the same result with a non-existent account as I did with a legitimate one with full access and FileMaker Network (fmapp) Extended Privilege enabled - "No scripts available for the specified account" error message. This is very much as you described in your last reply, SO
I guess the next thing to try is your suggestion of restarting the entire server. Would you mind giving me a quick rundown of the best way to do that without interrupting users' ability to access and utilize our databases during normal work hours? Hopefully a server restart will do the trick!
Of all the times I've had this particular issue I have never been able to recover from it without completely restarting the entire PC….
I've tried to stop and start both the Database Server and Web server using the console; did not work and so did not help. Nor did starting and stopping using DOS commands. Stopping services the hard way (Windows Process Manager) might still be an option, never tried that I think. Of course, you can try any of these options and see if they will work for you, but it'll still take minutes in time so there is hardly a net gain from a complete cold-boot I'd say.
So restarting without affecting your users is not an option here I think. In any case it does indicate there is something not entirely in order as it runs now and that alone seems reason enough to restart so everything runs as it should.