2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2008 1:47 PM by loopless2

Problem starting Apache on OS X 10.3.9

loopless2

Title

Problem starting Apache on OS X 10.3.9

Your post

I updated my apache installation to 1.33 on OS X 10.3.9 and I have now broken my filemaker 8 advanced server  web publishing installation.
      Note that all other apache modules load fine (PHP etc...)

Syntax error on line 1 of /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/web-configura                             tion/WEB-INF/conf/mod_jk.conf:
      Cannot load /usr/libexec/httpd/mod_jk_fm.so into server: (reason unknown)

Any ideas. Just for as a check I built mod_jk.so and checked that the "standard" Tomcat module loads ( of course it is disabled normally)

• 1. Re: Problem starting Apache on OS X 10.3.9
          rmanook

Hi loopless2,

Just to verify, were the FileMaker services stopped when you updated the Apache version?  You may need to perform an un/re-install of the software.  I know that this is not the resolution that anyone likes to hear, but it is usually the most effective in these cases.

Thanks,

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Problem starting Apache on OS X 10.3.9
            loopless2

I definitely stopped apache. I uninstalled FM Web Publishing 8.0v4, then re-installed it. I checked that all the files were rewritten.

I suspect that rebuilding apache ( although I did it from the 10.3.9 Darwin source) has somehow introduced an incompatibility at the level of loading an 'old' dynamic library module.

Basically , I have a horrible feeling I'm screwed....