2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2011 2:24 PM by lance123

Problem With Client Not Unloading In FMSAdmin Console (OSX latest java. FMSA 11)

lance123

Title

Problem With Client Not Unloading In FMSAdmin Console (OSX latest java. FMSA 11)

Your post

Hi To All,

I recently updated and followed the steps to run the new Admin Console FMSA 11 with the latest os x java update.  (still on os x 10.6.6)  

The problem I have now is that a client is show as logged in and there is no client logged in.  I can also log in and out from the machines ip and no change still one client logged in.  This is a real problem as I need to stop thd database and swap it out.

Thanks,

Lance

• 1. Re: Problem With Client Not Unloading In FMSAdmin Console (OSX latest java. FMSA 11)

lance123:

Thanks for posting.

Let's try restaring the admin server. Open the Terminal in /Applications/Utilities/ and run the following command:

fmsadmin restart adminserver

Then, launch the admin console again. Does it still erroneously list the client?

If it does, let's make sure that Java's version order of preference is set to prefer 32-bit. Open the Java Preferences from /Applications/Utilities. Under the General tab, it should list both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. If it's not already there, drag the 32-bit version up so that it's first in the list. Once done, launch the admin console again and let us know if the issue still occurs.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Problem With Client Not Unloading In FMSAdmin Console (OSX latest java. FMSA 11)
            lance123

Hi TSBear,

Thanks for your help it is much appreciated!

I had already taken some steps to get the client to clear.  I tried restarting the admin console a number of times with no effect.  (The java prefs only has 32 bit option available.)

The restart of the adminserver did clear the ghost client.

I have not had it happen again as yet.  I am hoping it does not re-appear.

Regards,

Lance