1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 23, 2010 9:07 AM by TSGal

Problems Installing Filemaker Server 10 (Admin Server Connection Error)

paulx

Title

Problems Installing Filemaker Server 10 (Admin Server Connection Error)

Your post

After initial installation from DVD on a new Mac Mini Server (Snow Leopard) the Filemaker Server Admin Console page opens up and downloads admin_console_init_webstart.jnlp. It's obviously trying to do something but then it gives me an Admin Server Connection Error (Unknown Error).

This is extremely frustrating. I've searched the forum and this seems a common problem but none of the solutions I've seen seem to help. There are no previous installations of Filemaker and as the server is new, the Java settings seem up to date. Am I missing something really obvious? I tried ringing the tech helpline but have been put through to some incomprehensible voicemail each time which merely added to my irritation.

I wouldn't class myself as highly technical so a clear explanation of the possible problems and ways to resolve them would be much appreciated. Thanks

• 1. Re: Problems Installing Filemaker Server 10 (Admin Server Connection Error)
          TSGal

paulx:

Thank you for your post.

Control-click the admin_console_init_webstart.jnlp file, and make sure it is set to open with:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Java Web Start

We had a couple of reports of users who were running Anti-Virus software.  Once they uninstalled the software, the Admin Console would load.

Was this a newly installed Snow Leopard machine, or was it updated from a previous version?  If the latter, try re-installing Snow Leopard from the master disc.

Please keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.