2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2011 5:02 PM by MrMLK

Question about adapting the Filemaker Tasks v2.0 app for use on a server

MrMLK

Title

Question about adapting the Filemaker Tasks v2.0 app for use on a server

Your post

I am just getting started with FMS, and one of my first task will be to adapt the Filemaker Tasks application to work in a MU environment on the server. Has anyone done this before?

The FMT application loads in a bunch of shared data and resources at startup. In FMP, it works by having relative paths to the data. FMS does not seem to support this, it instead works by loading databases into the environment. Is there any way to get the server to look at the path? Are there any sample of muli-file server applications out there I could look at to see how it is done?

Any suggestions would be apprecited.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Question about adapting the Filemaker Tasks v2.0 app for use on a server
          philmodjunk

"Relative Path" means the path to the refernced file is "relative" to the FileMaker file's location--usually this means that it's in the same folder. FMS should evaluate relative paths the same, but now the FileMaker files are in the directory where you've configured server to open and host them--so this might change how the relative path is evaluated since the physical location of the file has been changed.

PS. what is "FileMaker Tasks v2.0"? It isn't a starter solution that comes with FileMaker.

• 2. Re: Question about adapting the Filemaker Tasks v2.0 app for use on a server
            MrMLK

(Sorry about the delay, I didn't notice that you had answered my question)

That's what I would have figured too. but putting them in the same path doesn't seem to work.

Filemaker Tasks 2.0 is a database that Filemaker used to sell, but they now give away to Technet members. Its pretty close to what I need, but I am having trouble getting it to work on FMS.