3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2013 5:25 PM by philmodjunk

Random Server Disconnect

kbsaunders

Title

Random Server Disconnect

Your post

All of the clients are able to connect to the fm server and work fine. However, on a random basis (as far as I can tell), the fm server disconnects. When I go back to the server, all I have to do is reconnect with one click and it works again. I've reviewed the logs but there are no messages in this regard there.

Does anyone know what causes this? Your help would be much appreciated.

Kevin

• 1. Re: Random Server Disconnect
          philmodjunk

The server disconnects? (no one can then access the database) Or is the client disconnected from the server? (One client is disconnected, but others can still access the database.)

• 2. Re: Random Server Disconnect
            kbsaunders

The databases disconnect. In other words when I go into console, it is red and none of the databases are online. All I do is click the on button and they all start up again. Sorry about the bad terminology.

• 3. Re: Random Server Disconnect
              philmodjunk

I'd say it was accurate, but since client disconnect issues are more common, I wanted to make sure that wasn't the case. Unfortunately, the suggestions I had in mind were for trouble shooting client disconnects not server issues.

What your are describing suggest that server is crashing. Have you done any of the usual tests for when you have apps crashing? (Check hard drive, check user account permissions, check files for damage using recover....)