3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2008 12:24 PM by Tearose

Recovered file not being found by related dbs

Tearose

Title

Recovered file not being found by related dbs

Your post

We're using FMS5 with about a dozen related databases. One of them (Intake, which has names and file IDs) became corrupted last month. We recovered it, removed the corrupted file and renamed the recovered file Intake. It needs to be open for many of the other databases to work. But even if it is open, the other databases aren't finding it. We get a message the Intake is needed and not found, then the searchbox, where we can click on Intake, and things proceed normally. Then we get to a point in another db where we want to print, and it doesn't tell us that Intake needs to be opened, but it prints <file missing> where the name should be if we don't open it. Can anyone tell me where I need to look to reset something so it knows that the Intake that's already open is what it is looking for?

TIA

Tearose

• 1. Re: Recovered file not being found by related dbs
          davidhead

Just a stab in the dark but you may need to check the exact name of the recovered file. When recovered it was probably named Intake Recovered.fp5. Make sure that the space after the word Intake has been removed. I have made that error more than once! ;) 

• 2. Re: Recovered file not being found by related dbs
            Tearose
               As a matter of fact, you are right that there was a space problem in the renaming! (I can't believe something like that would be overlooked- had an OMG moment.) I put the space back that had been lost in translation, but now we get the message that it's looking for the filename without the space, so either way, it's still not finding the recovered file on it's own. I don't know what to try next. I guess I have to find a script that asks for the Intake db to open. And I'm really curious why the error message doesn't have the space. Thanks for your help!
            • 3. Re: Recovered file not being found by related dbs
              Tearose

Here's some added info that might help someone tell me how how to fix the problem. Several of the databases contain this script:

Perform Script [Sub-scripts, External: "Intake Record.FP5 (192.100.20.1)"]

(note that there is a space in the name of the database, and I have put that space back into the name of the recovered db.)

The error message I'm getting says:

"IntakeRecord.FP5" could not be found and is required to complete this operation.  OK.

Clicking the OK opens the Open File menu, where I click on Intake Record.FP5, and things proceed normally until another related database needs IntakeRecord, and I have to do it again.

The two things I can't figure out, are- where does the IP address get generated, and where does the error message get generated?

TIA

Tearose