5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2012 2:43 AM by EnteChow

Referenced memory error

Tearose

Title

Referenced memory error

Your post

Has anyone ever gotten one of these when trying to access FMS from a computer on the network? It's happening to one user whenever she tries to log into certain databases. Other computers use the same login with no trouble, so I know the problem is on her computer, but I can't find any way to fix the error message. The message looks similar to this:

"0xFF002020 referenced memory 0x00000004 could not be read"

If anyone has had experience with this and fixed it, I'd appreciate knowing how.

Thanks,

tearose

• 1. Re: Referenced memory error
          TSNanner

Hello Tearose,

I have a few questions for you in order to narrow down the troubleshooting of this issue.

What Operating System are your users running?

Are your users accessing the databases using FileMaker Pro or Instant Web Publishing?

If they are using FileMaker Pro, what version is it? You can find this information by going to the Help Menu > About FileMaker Pro.

If they are using Instant Web Publishing, have you tried clearing temporary internet files or using a different web browser like Firefox or Chrome?

TSNanner

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Referenced memory error
            Tearose

The computers have XP with all updates. Access is with FMP, version 5 over TCP/IP. I've done every kind of maintenance on the computer- CCleaner, defrag, Registry mechanic, Spyware Doctor, Malwarebytes. I've reinstalled FMP, and switched the memory with another computer. All to no avail. Thanks,

Tearose

• 3. Re: Referenced memory error
              TSNanner

Hello Tearose,

FileMaker Pro 5 was not tested or certified for use with Windows XP, and therefor we cannot guarantee it will operate properly. You may want to contact Microsoft and see if they have any further information on the memory error as that is an Operating System level error.

TSNanner

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Referenced memory error
                Tearose

Thanks,

I know it's compatible, as everyone else has no problem with it, even on Vista. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem, and if there was a known solution. Apparently not. I'm starting to think I'll have to do a reinstall of the user's system to solve the problem, which I didn't want to do because of some specialized software she has that's hard to install.

Tearose

• 5. Re: Referenced memory error
                  EnteChow

Hi Tearose

I've got the same problem as yours. I have already added the memory but it seems not work.