1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 13, 2014 6:04 PM by lbellino

Removing a database on FMP Server

lbellino

Title

Removing a database on FMP Server

Your post

Hello.

I know that I need to close a database before removing it from the server. But for some reason it says there's a client within it, where I can't remove it. I found out the client is a script that was running in the database I closed. How can I either open this database back up or remove it with this client attached? I've already tried to "open" the database back up to remove the script from running in it, but it won't let me. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

server.jpg

• 1. Re: Removing a database on FMP Server
          lbellino

If someone can tell me how to remove the client that's says it's running in this closed database, I'm hoping that will help. Just so you know, I've already tried to right click on the client I want to remove and clicked on "disconnect" and that did not work. A pop up comes up to "send a message" to the person/client that supposedly is in this file and there is not, just this script that's running. Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I'm unable to work in this database without having it removed and a backup re-installed. Thanks.