2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2014 11:45 AM by rowedesign

Resetting FMS 13 Apache Web Server

rowedesign

Title

Resetting FMS 13 Apache Web Server

Your post

We installed FMS 13 and all was well. Did an upgrade to OS X 8.5 and somehow the Server.app web services got turned on and now FMS 13 "edit server deployment" show that it cannot connect to the web server. From the research I've done it seems that the system has switched from the dedicated FMS 13 web server to the Server's web services?

My question is, what is the easiest way to get FMS 13 web services running again? Re-install?

We do not have any other web services running as this is a dedicated FMS machine but some of the "changing Apache config" solutions see daunting at this point and we just want to get the FMS 13 web services running again.

If someone could just confirm that a re-install would accomplish this or if there is another easier method that would be very helpful as well. 

Thanks in advance,

Bob

• 1. Re: Resetting FMS 13 Apache Web Server

Bob Rowe:

Thank you for the post.

"My question is, what is the easiest way to get FMS 13 web services running again? Re-install?"

Yes. I would uninstall and reinstall FileMaker Server 13 as this no longer even requires a restart of the machine. 

If you uninstall and reinstall, then the instance of the FileMaker Web Server should be properly reconfigured. A redeployment may also work, so might try that first. 

Please let me know if any of the above needs additional clarification.

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Resetting FMS 13 Apache Web Server
            rowedesign

Thank you! We will head down that road.

Bob