Run a script on FM Server 13

bkaisin

Title

Run a script on FM Server 13

Your post

Hello,

I am new with FMS.

I use FMAdvanced under Mavericks.

I would like to run a script on a FMS. The "Getting started with FMS" said to put the script in the Scripts folder on the host.

I suppose I have to create a folder named Scripts like: filemac:/HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Scripts/

Is it correct?

After how can I save a script file (created with FMA) in this folder?

Thanks for your help

Ben

• 1. Re: Run a script on FM Server 13
          AppGuy

Ben-

Is the script you want to run in your database file?  If so all you have to do is run through the wizard and choose the script to run and how often to run.

• 2. Re: Run a script on FM Server 13
            philmodjunk

And FM 13 adds a cool new script step: Perform Script on Server that provides an additional option for running server side scripts.

• 3. Re: Run a script on FM Server 13
              bkaisin

Thanks for your answers,

But…

In the sample installed in FMS13 I can see several Scripts in the schedule "FM Scripts".

But in my solution I can't see the scripts I created in my database.

What do I have to do to see them?

My solution is created with FMA v12.

Regards

Ben

• 4. Re: Run a script on FM Server 13
                AppGuy

When you choose "New Schedule"  you get some new options...  You need to choose what is appropriate to you..  If you are looking to run a script in your database, then click "FileMaker Script".

Version 12  database will work with no problems on server 13.  There is no conversion.

• 5. Re: Run a script on FM Server 13
                  bkaisin

Thanks for your reply,

Yes I select the option FileMaker script but after the list remain empty. I have more than 500 scripts in my database, but the list remain empty.

When I select the sample installed by default in FMS the scripts are well in the list.

What is the reason I can't see mine?

Regards

Ben

• 6. Re: Run a script on FM Server 13
                    AppGuy

I just tried it on my FM 13 Server with my FM 12 database and works fine..   Make sure you put the correct credentials in.  Even if your not using any you need to put Admin as the user with no password.

• 7. Re: Run a script on FM Server 13
                      bkaisin

I get the following message:

"No scripts available for the specified account"

I try as guest, as Admin, and other accounts, same results: none of the 500 scripts.

Strange!