1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 28, 2008 12:16 PM by rmanook

Running out of memory error message

glucas

Title

Running out of memory error message

Your post

I have FMSever 9 with CWP deployed on a dual 1GHz mac with 2GB of RAM. FMS is installed on this mac using OSX Server 10.4.11. 

All has been well for several months, then suddenly I get 'running' out of memory (7) error any time I try to hit the database. 

This happened a couple of time before and after much irritation I discovered rebuiling the computer from the ground up; new OS and new FMS deployment would correct the problem. This time, however, that method has failed also. 

I am at my wits end. HELP! Anybody have any suggestions? 

• 1. Re: Running out of memory error message
          rmanook

Hi glucas,

Thanks for posting.

It might be beneficial if we verify a few things:

-It looks like the system specs are right there for FileMaker Server.  Is the machine used for any other purposes (file server, DNS, etc.).

-What is the 'running out of memory' error just happening when you open a database or are submitting queries? 

-How many concurrent users would you estimate are accessing your CWP databases at a given time?

I apologize I don't have an immediate resolution, but these questions will help me understand how your server machine is being used.

Thanks!

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc.