1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 11:11 AM by ceath

Script Step "Add Account" creates accounts that cannot be accessed using Web Direct

ceath

Title

Script Step "Add Account" creates accounts that cannot be accessed using Web Direct

Your post

Has anyone experienced this?

I create a user account with an Add Account script step.  I also send an e-mail to the newly created user with the logon credentials and information for accessing the database using Web Direct.  The user receives the e-mail with their logon ID and password.

When the user attempts to use these credentials to logon, they get a "The account name and password you entered does not match those for any FileMaker account."

The same is true if I use those same credentials to access the database via FileMaker Pro Advanced.

Here's the kicker, though.  If I log in using an admin account and make a change in Manage Security to the account (such as change the password), the account is now accessible both via Web Direct and via FileMaker Pro.

It seems to me that there is something not quite right about the account that is created via a script step.

Any ideas?  Do I need to do something further to authenticate the account from within the script, perhaps? I'm requiring a password change on first log in.  Perhaps that's not a good idea.  My script step looks like this:

Add Account [Account Name: my account@mydomain.com; Password: (hidden); Privilege Set: "MyPrivilegeSet"; Expire password]

Thanks,

Martin Ramsay