6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2010 12:27 PM by grocha

Server 11

grocha

Title

Server 11

Your post

Just bought this new server 11 advanced. Installed it all goes ok. When the admin screen comes up says connecting. Then thats it it wont do anything. Running it on windows 7. Any suggestions? Do i have to open a portal? Does it automatically detect my settings?

• 1. Re: Server 11

Gino:

Thank you for posting.

Once the installation is complete, FileMaker server will attempt to launch the Admin Console and deploy. The connection issue could possibly be due to Java or a firewall setting. Please test disabling any firewalls and verify your Java version is the one installed with FileMaker Server.

What happens if you go to http://127.0.0.1/fmi/iwp on the Windows 7 machine? It should also be possible to access this page from another machine on the network by substituting "127.0.0.1" with the server's IP address.

Lastly, check under task manager for processes that begin with "fm". If some appear to be missing, try rebooting the machine or reinstalling.

TSuki
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Server 11
            grocha

The firewall is off and java is up to date. When i went to that link u posted it says can not display. It did this with server 10 as well.

• 3. Re: Server 11

Gino:

Check that the following processes are running under Task Manager (ctrl + shift + esc or right click an empty area of the taskbar):
              fmadminserver.exe
              fmserver.exe
              fmshelper.exe

If these processes are running, the Admin Console start page should be accessible from:
              http://ServerAddress:16000

"ServerAddress" is the DNS name or IP address of the server. I do apologize about the previous address: that one won't load until the server is deployed and IWP is enabled.

Another way to verify that the processes are actively listening on the correct ports is by running netstat at the Command Prompt:
              netstat -na

Search for port numbers such as 16000, 16001, and 5003. If these are all open, the Admin Console should then connect.  If you are still having difficulty, let me know.

TSuki
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Server 11
                grocha

Yeah none of these appear as running. Should i have more icons? All i have is FMS11 Start Page i hit that. It starts the admin console then i get error messgae Admin server process may not be available.

• 5. Re: Server 11

Gino:

There should only be one icon, but if these processes do not appear even when you click "Show processes from all users", then FileMaker Server may not be installing properly. Can you provide additional information about your server machine such as the RAM, CPU, and any other applications it's running?

It may be best to contact our technical support line to troubleshoot further. This issue would be covered under our free Standard Support.

If you are in North America, please contact our Customer Assistance department at toll-free 800-325-2747.  If outside of North America, please go to our web site (www.filemaker.com), select the country in the upper right pop-up and contact the office nearest you.

TSuki,
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Server 11
                    grocha

Hi their thanks for your response. Now im getting an error "unable to launch from host http://localhost:16000