5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 12:06 PM by disabled_ntaylor

Server 12: Databases not opening.

charlesdespotopulos

Title

Server 12: Databases not opening.

Your post

I just upgraded to server 12 and finally worked out the issues getting the console to open. Now, only one of my databases is actually being served. I have restarted the database server a few times as well as the computer. The permissions for all my databases are all the same. And yes, I converted them all to .fmp12. What can I try next?

• 1. Re: Server 12: Databases not opening.

chazlightning:

Thank you for the post. 

A little more information may help us to narrow this down. What is the operating system of the server? What does the FileMaker Admin Console say the status of the databases is?

To check this click on the "Administration" option "Databases" in the left hand side of the Admin Console. Do the databases appear in the list of databases? Is the status "Normal" or "Closed" or something else?

The option to perform "Actions:" is also located here. Try the "Open All" action if the databases's statuses are currently "Closed." 

Let me know if after these steps the issue persists, and we will discuss further troubleshooting. 

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc

• 2. Re: Server 12: Databases not opening.
            charlesdespotopulos

Operating system is OS X 10.6.8 running on a 3 GHz Dual-Core MacPro. All 10 of my databases appear. 9 of them are "Closed". One of them is "Normal" and can be accesed remotely from my FMP12 clients. I tried to open each database and I ran "Open All" on them. Nothing happens. I converted them all the same way from .fp7 to .fmp12.

• 3. Re: Server 12: Databases not opening.

chazlightning:

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Is there a significant difference in the file size of the 9 databases versus the 1? If you remove all 9 and try to upload each one individually using the "Upload Database" action, then does the database Open?

If not, then do the files still open locally with FileMaker Pro 12?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc

• 4. Re: Server 12: Databases not opening.
                charlesdespotopulos

Silly me. Thanks for your time. I just did it wrong. In the instructions it just said to save the .fp7 as a .fmp12. I did that using my old version of FMP. So, basically all I did was change the extension. Opening the .fp7 with FMP12 is the way to convert it. I should have figured that out.

I am all set now thanks.

• 5. Re: Server 12: Databases not opening.

chazlightning:

Thank you for letting me and others know the resolution.

I'm happy to hear we solved the mystery.

TSFalcon
                       FileMaker, Inc