1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 11, 2014 12:20 PM by TSGal

Server 13 WebDirect SSL Certificate Issue

DSKatSCL

Title

Server 13 WebDirect SSL Certificate Issue

Your post

I am trying to enable encrypting on Server 13.0.2.295 through the Secure Connections section on the database server tab of the Admin-Console.

When I do, anyone trying to access WebDirect gets an error message.  This happens in Internet Explorer and Chrome. 

In Chrome I get:

You attempted to reach <IP address>, but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may mean that the server has generated its own security credentials, which Chrome cannot rely on for identity information, or an attacker may be trying to intercept your communications.

In IE I get:

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

If I bypass this and still go to the WebDirect site, SSL get shut down in the web browsers.

Where do I find the proper SSL Certificate and how do I make it trusted by windows, so this no longer happens?

Server_13_WebDirect_SSL_Certificate_Issue.png