1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 12:42 PM by disabled_ntaylor

Server 13v3 takes a long time to open admin console

oesupport

Title

Server 13v3 takes a long time to open admin console

Your post

I have found that FMS 13v3 takes a long time to open the admin console after the username and password has been entered. This problem did not exist on 13v2. I have found it to occur on every computer that I update to 13v3.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• 1. Re: Server 13v3 takes a long time to open admin console

Nick Meecham:

Thank you for the post. 

I am not experiencing any FileMaker Server 13 Admin Console slowness related to version 3 update. 

A few additional questions to assist us with narrowing this down:

1. What is the FileMaker Server 13 computer's operating system? 

2. What system resources (RAM, HD space, processor) are dedicated to the FileMaker Server?

3. What version(s) of Java is installed?

4. What (if any) other programs besides FileMaker Server 13 are installed?

5. Is this computer a dedicated FileMaker Server free of other third party applications?

For best performance, FileMaker Server should be run on a dedicated machine reserved for use as a FileMaker server.

Lastly, if this computer is a dedicated machine, meets the hardware and operating system requirements, and is free of third party software that could cause conflicts, please let me know and I will provide instructions to submit the system information file and logs for review.

System Requirements for FileMaker Server 13

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.