Your post

Running FMS 12.0.6.600

ON:
           MacMini Server
           OS X 10.9.3
           2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
           8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
           Java v 7 Update 60

Need to make changes on the FileMaker Server (often) using the Server Admin Console from my:

iMac
           OS X 10.9.3
           3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
           8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (same JAVA version)

Using Firefox, the servers static IP and :16000, I get the FileMaker Server Start Page. However, when I click the "Start Admin Console" button, I get the following:

HTTP Status 403 -
           FileMaker Server has encountered an error:
           Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden.
           If the Server Launch Page is not available, visit the FileMaker Website for more assistance.

I have had this server running for years. I've switched the server (hardware) out once and done several FMS 12 updates. As well as several JAVA updates. Seems like any time I change any little thing the Admin Console access is screwed up.  Very frustrating...

I've always been able to get it working, eventually, but not this time. Need advice...

• 1. Re: Server Admin Console issues

MacBobby:

Thank you for the post.

Could you launch the FileMaker Server Admin Console on the server and check the settings in the FileMaker Server Admin Console under Configuration > General Settings > Admin Console > "Restrict Access"? (See screenshot below). 

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Server Admin Console issues
            MacBobby

Can't get the Admin Console to run on the server either. The JAVA app starts to load and then just quits - no message...

• 3. Re: Server Admin Console issues

MacBobby:

Thank you for the reply.

"The JAVA app starts to load and then just quits - no message…"

Usually, this indicates an issue with Java, so try reinstalling Java 7 update 60 as a first step and afterwards delete the Java cache and restart the computer.

To confirm, the FileMaker Server 12 Start Page does load in a browser on the FileMaker Server computer, and does the .jnlp file download?

Lastly, since being able to launch the FileMaker Server Admin Console is a free standard support topic through FileMaker's technical support, please don't hesitate to call to troubleshoot over the phone, as we always want a user to be able to administer his/her server. 

If you are located in the U.S. or Canada, then contact technical support toll free at 1-800-325-2747. The hours are between 7 AM - 5 PM PDT. 

If you are located outside of North America, then locate the technical support office nearest you from the following link:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/intl/

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Server Admin Console issues
                MacBobby

Yes, Start Page loads and .jnlp file downloads on the server. Will try the JAVA reinstall.

Thanks