2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 10:41 AM by thinkworks

Server Advanced 11 vs 12 speed

dbail22@comcast.net

Title

Server Advanced 11 vs 12 speed

Your post

I just updated our system from server advanced 11 to server advanced 12.  What a dog!  There is nothing in 12 that is faster and almost anything I try is significantly slower.....  This is everything from designing layouts and database associations to running scripts!

What happened?  Sorting, searching, duplicating fields in a layout and even printing is measurably slower!

I hope speed improvements are coming soon! We have used FM server since version 5 and this is the worst release ever!

• 1. Re: Server Advanced 11 vs 12 speed
          Vincent_L

Yep, 12 is the worst release of every software I ever used in my entire life. Luckilly, I stayed under 11 for production.

The constant lack of performance care from FMI is killing the platform 

• 2. Re: Server Advanced 11 vs 12 speed
            thinkworks

It's true, FM12 was a lemon. Everything is slower, and the database files balloon when converted from earlier versions. The difference in searches and exports from within the machine, to local network, to server on the internet is laughable. A search and simple export that takes a few seconds in a computer running client takes one hour (ONE HOUR) when done remotely with server on the internet.

I'd like to think it's just a bad (worst ever) release and that we'll move forward. But I am afraid of the possibility that FM has ran its lifespan and the platform (and my business) is dying...