2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2013 9:47 PM by dbail22@comcast.net

Server installers fail on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

dbail22@comcast.net

Title

Server installers fail on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Your post

We have been running Filemaker Server Advanced 12 on this computer for more than a year without failure.  I stopped the server and web server and then uninstalled the version 12 server.

I then tried to install version 13 of the server.  The installer would not even open. I reinstalled Java v45 and restarted the server and still the server installer would not even launch.  I tried to reinstall v12 of the server but again the installer would not even launch.  Tried run as admin and still nothing.  Restarted several times. Completely removed any previous FM folders and still nothing!

To get up and running I ran the installer for Filemaker Pro 13 and it installed without problem.  There is no failure message. Not even any indication the installer starts to run.  Tried downloading 12 and 13 again and still the installers will not open.  The only account on the server is Admin with full permissions.

I am disappointed that there is no message of any kind for the failure and I can install any other programs I want, just not Filemaker server installers.....

David