4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2009 7:39 PM by mega-msi

Server vs Server Advanced for IWP

chrisgill

Title

Server vs Server Advanced for IWP

Your post

I want to clarify the difference between Server and Server Advanced with respect to IWP. Is it simply scale - the number of simultaneous online users? The website talks about Advanced doing one-click publishing of forms. Can Server not publish forms? Or can it publish them but not so easily?

cheers

Chris 

• 1. Re: Server vs Server Advanced for IWP
          davidhead

FileMaker Server does not do IWP; FileMaker Server Advanced does do IWP.

FileMaker Server can do custom web publishing (PHP or XML). 

Is that the information you need? 

• 2. Re: Server vs Server Advanced for IWP
            chrisgill

Thanks David. Handy having problems resolved while Europe is asleep!

I guess it is the info I need, though not the info I was hoping for. I got confused between the abilities of Pro and Server. I had assumed that Server at least matched Pro in this respect. I now understand that Pro does IWP for 5 simultaneous users, but Server doesn't do IWP at all. Weird, don't you think?

cheers

Chris

• 3. Re: Server vs Server Advanced for IWP
              rmanook

chrisgill wrote:

I now understand that Pro does IWP for 5 simultaneous users, but Server doesn't do IWP at all. Weird, don't you think?

cheers

Chris

Chris:
              I understand what you mean, I just wanted to reiterate the point that FileMaker Server 9 does not have IWP but FileMaker Server 9 Advanced does (as David had pointed out).  This is more so a clarification for any of our 'lurkers' :smileywink: who may read this thread and get confused by that statement.
              Thanks! 
              tsturtle
              FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Server vs Server Advanced for IWP
                mega-msi

Mr David,

Please help me

i'm from pt.maitland-smith indonesia

in our company use file maker database

we need your advice

actually we want to add filemaker lisence, but pending because we have 2 alternative adding our lisence or we'll upgrade our filemaker server

we just curious and need to know how if we just upgrade our filemaker server into web base ?

what is the advantages filemaker server web base with adding new client lisence?