9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2016 8:26 AM by mbuissonwci

Session Expired - error message

HugoLidia

Title

Session Expired - error message

Your post

System Environment : Windows 8.1 64bit, fresh install of FM Server 13.0.1.228

After logging into admin console, "session expired - click here to continue" error message is displayed

How do I stop session being terminated and making it impossible to use server.

TIA

Chris7of9

2014_04_27_01_30_00_FMServer_error_Session_Expired.jpg

• 1. Re: Session Expired - error message
          RickWhitelaw

Previously, when you were finished with the admin console, did you log out?

• 2. Re: Session Expired - error message
            HugoLidia

I didn't log out.  This message is displayed because the system has logged me out itself.  I have since reconnected, disconnected manually before it forced ne off, logged in again - all to no avail.

• 3. Re: Session Expired - error message

HugoLidia:

Thank you for the post.

I need some more information to determine why this is occurring. I remain connected to my FileMaker Server 13 Admin Console for hours at a time, even overnight. Some additional questions to assist us with narrowing this down:

1. What browser(s) are being used?

2. What specific action or actions trigger the error message? 

3. Does this happen immediately after logging into the Admin Console or after a period of time? Any other web browsing in other tabs or windows?

4. Since this is a "fresh install" is the server completely up to date, running FileMaker Server 13.0.2.295?

5. Is any third party security or antivirus software installed?

Please note: Windows 8.1 is not a tested operating system for FileMaker Server 13. 

System Requirements for FileMaker Server 13

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Session Expired - error message
                HugoLidia

Hi TSFAlcon,

1. IE 11.096

2. None.  I open the admin console, and a few minutes later I am advised of the disconnection.

3. Not immediately, a few mins later

4. Server 13.0.1 - getting update now and will report back

5. Avast Anti Virus

http://localhost:16001/admin-console/

• 5. Re: Session Expired - error message
                  HugoLidia

Can't get update from Link within Admin Console, as "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate."

Is there another link from which I can download the latest FM Server - otherwise stumped.

Downloads from Filemaker website only give option for Server trial, nothing else.

• 6. Re: Session Expired - error message

HugoLidia:

Thank you for the reply.

Could you post a screenshot of the error? 

I tested the "Click here to go the FileMaker downloads page" link in a FileMaker Server 13.0v1 Admin Console and did not get an error.

The link directs to our update page here:

http://www.filemaker.com/support/downloads/

The knowledge base article with the download for the FileMaker Server 13.0v2 is located here:

Software Update: FileMaker Server 13.0v2

Lastly, what version of Java is installed?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Session Expired - error message
                      D.Atkan

Hi,

Just to let you know I had the same problem. Turned out my AV programs 'Surf Protection' was causing the problem. Turning this off solved the problem for me.

Datkan

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Session Expired - error message
                        mbuisson

Thank you D. Atkan!  I've had this problem for years since Filemaker Server 11 came out but could never figure it out.  AVG Anti-Virus software has the Linkscanner Surf Shield protection under the web browser protection.  Disabling this did the trick.  Thanks so much.  I never had time to dig into the problem.  Sometimes I would get disconnected within 60 seconds of logging in.  I always thought the interface was buggy.  Shows what I know.  :(

• 9. Re: Session Expired - error message
                          mbuissonwci

THANK YOU!!! I know this is an old thread but I can't thank you enough.  I had disabled this feature years ago and and it was re-enabled when our new server was set up (new AVG installed).  I couldn't remember what the solution was, so thanks.  *It was extremely annoying trying to quickly set up backups before I was disconnected.  It was also entertaining to watch me try to do it.  Thanks again!

1 of 1 people found this helpful