Previously, when you were finished with the admin console, did you log out?
I didn't log out. This message is displayed because the system has logged me out itself. I have since reconnected, disconnected manually before it forced ne off, logged in again - all to no avail.
Thank you for the post.
I need some more information to determine why this is occurring. I remain connected to my FileMaker Server 13 Admin Console for hours at a time, even overnight. Some additional questions to assist us with narrowing this down:
1. What browser(s) are being used?
2. What specific action or actions trigger the error message?
3. Does this happen immediately after logging into the Admin Console or after a period of time? Any other web browsing in other tabs or windows?
4. Since this is a "fresh install" is the server completely up to date, running FileMaker Server 22.214.171.1245?
5. Is any third party security or antivirus software installed?
Please note: Windows 8.1 is not a tested operating system for FileMaker Server 13.
1. IE 11.096
2. None. I open the admin console, and a few minutes later I am advised of the disconnection.
3. Not immediately, a few mins later
4. Server 13.0.1 - getting update now and will report back
5. Avast Anti Virus
Can't get update from Link within Admin Console, as "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate."
Is there another link from which I can download the latest FM Server - otherwise stumped.
Downloads from Filemaker website only give option for Server trial, nothing else.
Thank you for the reply.
Could you post a screenshot of the error?
I tested the "Click here to go the FileMaker downloads page" link in a FileMaker Server 13.0v1 Admin Console and did not get an error.
The link directs to our update page here:
The knowledge base article with the download for the FileMaker Server 13.0v2 is located here:
Lastly, what version of Java is installed?
2 of 2 people found this helpful
Just to let you know I had the same problem. Turned out my AV programs 'Surf Protection' was causing the problem. Turning this off solved the problem for me.
Thank you D. Atkan! I've had this problem for years since Filemaker Server 11 came out but could never figure it out. AVG Anti-Virus software has the Linkscanner Surf Shield protection under the web browser protection. Disabling this did the trick. Thanks so much. I never had time to dig into the problem. Sometimes I would get disconnected within 60 seconds of logging in. I always thought the interface was buggy. Shows what I know. :(
1 of 1 people found this helpful
THANK YOU!!! I know this is an old thread but I can't thank you enough. I had disabled this feature years ago and and it was re-enabled when our new server was set up (new AVG installed). I couldn't remember what the solution was, so thanks. *It was extremely annoying trying to quickly set up backups before I was disconnected. It was also entertaining to watch me try to do it. Thanks again!